About Voicemail Greetings
There are 4 different greeting types that apply to your extension:
- Unavailable Greeting – This is played to callers when you do not answer or when your phone is not connected to the network.
- Busy Greeting – This is the greeting played to callers when you are already on the phone.
- Name – The recording of your name is for use in the company directory and other modules.
- Temporary Greeting – This can be used if you are going on vacation and want to inform people not to expect a return call anytime soon, but you do not want to re-record your busy and unavailable greetings when you come back. When the temporary greeting is active it will be played regardless of your “busy” or “unavailable” status. See additional Temporary Greeting instructions below.
Instructions for Recording a Voicemail Greeting
- Press the Voicemail button .
- Enter your password.
- Await the prompt “Press 0 for Mailbox Options”, then press 0.
- Follow the prompts to select from the three available greeting types (Unavailable, Busy, Name, or Temporary), then record and save your greeting.
More About Temporary Greetings
The temporary greeting is useful if you plan to be on vacation or otherwise out of the office, but do not wish to re-record your standard busy & unavailable greetings.
To Record & Activate Your Temporary Greeting:
- Press the voicemail button and enter your password
- Await the prompt, then press 0 for mailbox options
- When prompted, press 4 to record a temporary greeting.
- After recording your greeting, press #.
- You will now have the option to accept your greeting (press 1) , review your greeting (press 2), or re-record (press 3).
- After you are satisfied with your greeting, press 1 to accept and activate your temporary greeting.**Your temporary greeting will remain in effect until you erase it.**
To Erase & De-activate Your Temporary Greeting:
- Press the voicemail button on your phone. You will hear the message “Your temporary greeting is currently active.”
- Wait for the prompt, then press 0 for mailbox options.
- Press 4 for temporary greeting.
- Press 2 to erase your temporary greeting.
- You will hear the following confirmation: “Your temporary greeting has been removed.”
Your standard unavailable & busy greetings are now active!