Types of Greetings
- The Unavailable Greeting is played to callers when you do not answer or when your phone is not connected to the network.
- The Busy Greeting is the greeting played to callers when you are already on the phone.
- Name – The recording of your name is for use in the company directory and other modules.
- A Temporary Greeting can be used if you are going on vacation and want to inform people not to expect a return call anytime soon, but you do not want to re-record your busy and unavailable greetings when you come back. When the temporary greeting is active it will be played regardless of your “busy” or “unavailable” status.
Recording a Voicemail Greeting
- Press the Voicemail button .
- Enter your password.
- Await the prompt “Press 0 for Mailbox Options”, then press 0.
- Follow the prompts to select from the three available greeting types (Unavailable, Busy, Name, or Temporary), then record and save your greeting.