How to Know a New Voicemail is Available
The phone alerts you of new voicemail messages on your screen, with a flashing light, and with a special dial tone.
Icon and Message on Screen
- If a new voicemail is available in your inbox, the phone will display the voicemail icon￼ at the top of the screen. The quantity of new voicemails will also show in an alert message near the bottom of the screen.
Message Waiting Indicator (MWI) Light
- The message waiting indicator light at the top right corner of the phone will flash.
- Your dial tone will be a series of short bursts followed by a steady tone, instead of only a steady tone.
How to Check your Voicemails
You can use the voicemail button or dial a feature code.
- You can press the ￼voicemail button on your phone any time to check your voicemails.
Dial one of the following feature codes to access voicemail. The feature codes below are the default feature codes.
- *97: Access your own voicemail.
- *98: Access your voicemail or another extension’s voicemail. You will be prompted to enter a mailbox number.
For instructions on managing your voicemail greetings: click here.