Configuring Mozilla Thunderbird
These instructions are valid for Thunderbird Version 17 under Windows 7. Thunderbird may appear differently on other versions of Windows or under Mac or Unix OS’s.
- From the main Thunderbird window, click on the three lines in the upper right corner of the window. Then click on the arrow to the right of the “Options…” menu option. Then click on the “Account Settings…” option
- In the “Account Settings” Window that pops up, click on the “Server Settings” option in the left hand column under your BendTel hosted email account.
- Make sure that the “Server Name” is set to mail.bendtel.net
- Make sure that “Port” is set to either 143 or 993 for IMAP connections or 110 or 995 for POP3 connections.
- Make sure that the “Connection Security” menu option is set to STARTTLS
- Make sure that the “Authentication Method” menu option is set to Normal password
- In the same Account Settings window, click on the “Outgoing Server (SMTP)” option in the left hand column. Click on your BendTel hosted outgoing mail server and then click “Edit”. In the “SMTP Server” pop up window set or verify the following:
- Make sure that “Server Name” is set to mail2.bendtel.net
- Make sure that “Port” is set to 587
- Make sure that “Connection Security” is set to STARTTLS
- Make sure that “Authentication Method” is set to Normal Password
- Click “OK” to close the “SMTP Server” window, and then click “OK” to close the “Account Settings” window.
- You should now be able to send and recieve email.
If you continue to experience difficulty, you may need to close and then restart Thunderbird for settings changes to take effect.