Call Transfer Overview
The transfer feature provides the ability to move a call from one extension to another. In a blind transfer, you transfer the caller without speaking to the new recipient beforehand. By contrast, in an attended transfer, the caller is placed on hold while you speak to the new recipient before actually transferring the caller to them.
- Press the transfer button or the Transfer soft key during a call. The caller is placed on hold.
- Enter the number to which the call should transferred.
- Press the Transfer button or the Transfer soft key again to complete the transfer.
- With the call in progress, press the Transfer button or the Transfer soft key. Your caller is now on hold.
- Enter the number of the person to whom which you wish to transfer, then press either # or the Send soft key
- After speaking to the new recipient to find out if he or she can accept the call, you can complete the transfer by either pressing the transfer button, or by pressing the Transfer soft key.
Note: If the new recipient cannot accept the call, you’ll cancel the transfer by pressing the cancel soft key . You will then be taken to a screen showing that the inbound call is still on hold, where you can either press the Transfer soft key to keep the caller on hold and dial a new recipient, or you can press the Resume soft key to speak to the caller.