Interacting With the Voicemail Module
Once you've logged into your User Control Panel, select Voicemail from the main menu to access the Voicemail Module. Here you'll find a list of all your recent messages. You can interact with these messages in a number of ways using the Control icons to right of each message:
- Press the Play icon (black arrow) to play your message.
- Press the Download icon (black cloud with white arrow) to download the message to your computer.
- Press the Trash Can to delete the voicemail message from your system.
- You can organize your voicemails by dragging and dropping them into the group of folders on the left side of your dashboard.
On the main page of the voicemail module, on the left-hand side of your screen below your voicemail folders, you will notice a two-item submenu. Choose settings to manage the following options:
- Pin/Password- The password for your voicemail box.
- Email Address- Where to send voicemails if you are using voicemail to email.
- Pager Email Address – Pager/mobile email address to which short Voicemail notifications are sent.
Toggle on or off:
- Email attachment – Controls whether to attach the voicemail to the email
- Play CID – whether to read back caller's telephone number prior to playing the incoming message
- Play envelope – whether to play the message envelope (date/time) before playing the message
- If set to "on" the message will be deleted from the Voicemailbox (after having been emailed).
- Caution: If you enable this without first toggling Email Attachment to "On", your messages will be lost forever.
Here you can manage your four greeting types:
- Play existing greetings. (Press the gray Play button.)
- Upload pre-recorded greeting files. (Press the green Upload Greetings button.)
- Record a new greeting directly in the dashboard interface. (Press the red Record button to record, then the green Save Greeting button once you have completed recording.)
- Note: You will be prompted to enable your computer's mic to record using the dashboard interface.
- Delete unwanted greetings. (Press the red Delete button, denoted by a trash can icon.)
- Copy greetings from one greeting type to another. Each of the 4 message types has a box labelled "Drag New Greeting Here". Simply drag and drop from one message area to another.
Greeting Types Explained
- The Unavailable Greeting is played to callers when you do not answer or when your phone is not connected to the network.
- The Busy Greeting is the greeting played to callers when you are already on the phone.
- Name – The recording of your name is for use in the company directory and other modules.
- A Temporary Greeting can be used if you are going on vacation and want to inform people not to expect a return call anytime soon, but you do not want to re-record your busy and unavailable greetings when you come back. When the temporary greeting is active it will be played regardless of your "busy" or "unavailable" status.