Endpoint Settings Overview
Use this page to set specific settings for your extension (or for other extensions to which you have access). Settings which can be modified are broken into the following four subcategories: Find Me/Follow Me, Call Forwarding, Do Not Disturb, and Call Waiting.
Find Me/Follow Me
Find Me/Follow Me refers to two technologies that, in conjunction, enable incoming phone calls to be received at different locations, on different phones. You can program the system to ring the extension alone for a certain period of time, then ring some other destination(s), such as a mobile phone or a related extension, and then go to the original extension’s voicemail if the call is not answered.
- Enable – Indicate whether or not “Find Me/Follow Me” should be enabled for this user
- Follow Me List – List extensions to ring, one per line. You can include an extension on a remote system, or an external number by suffixing a number with a pound (#). ex: 2448089# would dial 2448089.
- Announcement – Message to be played to the caller before dialing this group.
- Ring First For – This is the number of seconds to ring the primary extension prior to proceeding to the follow-me list. The extension can also be included in the follow-me list. A 0 setting will bypass this.
- Ring Followme List For – Time in seconds that the phones on the follow me list will ring. The number of rings will depend on region. Example: If a phone rings for 1 second then waits 2, each ring is 3 seconds.
- Use Confirmation – Enable this if you’re calling external numbers that need confirmation – eg, a mobile phone may go to voicemail which will pick up the call. Enabling this requires the remote side push 1 on their phone before the call is put through. Example “Press 1 to accept”.
There are three alternatives for setting up your call forwarding.
Call Forwarding: Unconditional – Will forward every inbound call no matter what.
Call Forwarding: Unavailable – Will forward calls to the number set here if you do not answer your extension.
Call Forwarding: Busy – Will forward calls to the number set here if you are busy / on another call.
Do Not Disturb
Used to indicate that this user does not wish to be disturbed. Toggle on or off.
When you are already on a call, do you wish to be notified of an incoming call, so that you can place the first call on hold while answering the second? Toggle on or off.